jueves, 27 de agosto de 2015

For my lovely Grandmother

For the class of Literature, we wrote a poem. The poem should be about how owr parents fell in love or about our grandparents.I decided to write about my granmother. This poem should have:
  • A mínimum of 8 lines
  • 3 different literary devices


Literary devices:
Metaphor
Visual Image
Simile
For my lovely Grandmother
I returned from school after a long day
And she received me with a loaf of bread
She helped me to do my homework,
and sometimes to study for my exams

Despite her wrinkles,
she was so nice like an afternoon
And she looked me with her pair of moons

I miss her beautiful voice
so low and acute
But every word she says
was music for my ears

I wish she was forever
For my lovely Grandmother





1 comentario:

  1. Very nice work!
    I really enjoyed the rhyme in the first two lines, it sounds lovely.
    I think the "two moons" metaphor is a bit confusing. Is it her eyes you´re referring to? Since "moon" recalls a white brightness, it´s a bit hard to tell. Also, in the same stanza you refer to her face as an "afternoon" so the use of a nocturnal element adds to the confusion.

    8 (eight)

    ResponderEliminar